1. To increase awareness and understanding of the value of producers and engineers as artistic co-creators in the art and craft of recording.
2. To promote integrity in audio
3. To promote and safeguard the rights of creative music professionals in the areas of intellectual property, crediting, revenue streams and freedom of expression.
4. To promote recording industry guidelines and best practices regarding proper labeling, archiving, preservation and storage of master media
5. To support music and recording education programs and to serve as a bridge between students, educators and the music industry
6. To present educational events, seminars and networking opportunities
7. To promote communication and relationships between audio professionals, companies, organizations, and educators to foster community and consensus on critical industry-related issues.