MusiCares is proud to introduce an ongoing series of Healthy Essentials presentations featuring topics selected to help performing artists and other music professionals maximize their personal and career potential. If you will be in the Los Angeles area on Nov. 14, please join us for Rapid Rockstar Repair: Drug-Free Options For High Octane Performance. The event will be presented by Dr. Grace Hameister, D.C.
Topics covered will include:
- How inflammation affects the body before and after performance
- What chemical and natural stimulants increase inflammation in the body, and how to avoid them
- Nutrients that deplete most while performing, and best ones to take to replenish and repair between shows (and workouts)
- Whole-food high-nutrient eating to make every cell in the body work better
- Inflammation control and immune system boosting on the road — how to look for and find foods that will heal
- Natural alternatives to pain management and immune system support, rather than addictive pain meds (muscle testing hands-on included here)
- Instrument-specific (bass, drums, keys, horns, etc.) repetitive stress injuries and how to diminish, and avoid them by working and stretching antagonist muscles
Guests are welcome and parking will be validated. To RSVP, call 800.687.4227.