Over the years, the music industry has evolved into an amazing worldwide network of individuals and multinational conglomerates grossing more than $50 billion a year. Yet, disturbingly, the very people whose creativity and ingenuity fuel this massive cash machine have few places to turn in troubled times. The tragic health and financial hardships faced by too many members of our musical family prompted the Recording Academy's establishment of the MusiCares Foundation in 1989.
It is the mission of MusiCares to ensure that music people have a place to turn in times of financial, medical or personal crisis. Its primary purpose is to focus the attention and resources of the music industry on human services issues that directly impact the health and welfare of music people.
MusiCares Medical Network
To better address the ever-growing number of music professionals without basic medical coverage, MusiCares works closely with a dedicated group of health care professionals through the MusiCares Medical Network to provide the valuable and often life-changing services that some clients require, but simply cannot afford. The network is comprised of providers who recognize this reality and generously donate their time and expertise to treat MusiCares' referrals that are uninsured and lack the means to pay for services. Through the efforts of these professionals our clients are able to access specialty care that may not otherwise be available to them. MusiCares would like to recognize the following network partners for their generosity and support of the music community through their ongoing commitment to MusiCares and the clients we serve. If you're a music professional in need of medical or dental care, please contact MusiCares for more information and to apply*.
Appointments can only be made through MusiCares. Please do not contact providers directly.
* Applicants must be uninsured without means to pay for health services and able to document at least five years employment in the music industry, or credits on at least six commercially released tracks.
MusiCares Medical Network Partners
- Mark Rothman, MD, 120 S. Spalding Dr., Suite 301, Beverly Hills, CA 90212, 310.385.7755
- Francis Yamazaki, MD, 6801 Park Terrace, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90045, 310.665.7150
- Viet Le, MD, 5968 Nora Lynn Dr., Woodland Hills, CA 91367
- Audiology (Hearing)
- Dr. Trevi Sawalich, Starkey Hearing Foundation, 9440 Santa Monica Blvd., #708, Beverly Hills, CA 90210, 310.691.1411 www.starkeyhearingfoundation.org
- Family Practice
- David Wallis, M.D., South Bay Family Medical Group, 3701 Skypark Dr., Suite 100, Torrance, CA 90505, 310.378.2234 southbayfamilymedical.com
- General Surgery
- Philip Biderman, MD, 13320 Riverside Dr., Suite 110, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423, 818.905.7100
- Laryngology (Voice) And Ear, Nose, And Throat
- Dr. Reena Gupta, MD, Osborne Head and Neck Institute, 8631 W 3rd St., Suite 945E, Los Angeles, CA 90048, 310.657.0123 www.ohni.org, www.voicedoctorla.com
- Opthamology/Plastic Surgery
- Cynthia Boxrud, MD, 2021 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 700E, Santa Monica, CA 90404, 310.829.9060 www.drboxrud.com
- Orthopedic Surgery (X-ray, MRI)
- Scott Powell, MD, 191 South Buena Vista St., Suite 470, Burbank, CA 91505, 818.848.3030 www.stetsonpowell.com
- William Stetson, MD, 191 South Buena Vista St., Suite 470, Burbank, CA 91505, 818.848.3030 www.stetsonpowell.com
- Chris Lee, MD, 191 South Buena Vista St., Suite 470, Burbank, CA 91505, 818.848.3030 www.stetsonpowell.com
- Jim Tibone, MD, Kerlan Jobe Orthopedic Clinic, 6801 Park Terrace, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90045, 310.665.7200
- Richard Angelo, MD, Evergreen Orthopedic Clinic, 12911 120th Ave. NE, Suite H-210, Kirkland, WA 98034, 425.823.4000 www.jointlife.com
- Physical Therapy
- Dan Farwell, PT, Vargo Physical Therapy, 3425 W. Victory Blvd., Burbank, CA 91505, 818.955.8855
- Jane S. Mead, PT, Plaza Verdugo Fitness & Rehab, 1809 Verdugo Blvd., Glendale, CA 91208, 818.952.8707
- Eric Ziegler, PT, Step Ahead Physical Therapy, 100 N 1st St., # 103, Burbank, CA 91502, 818.846.7100
- Dr. Janice Ying, PT, DPT, OCS, Glendale Adventist Medical Center, 2560 Colorado Blvd., Eagle Rock, CA 90041, 323.255.5409 www.glendaleadventist.com
- Howard Liebeskind, DPM, 7345 Medical Center Dr., Suite 210, West Hills, CA 91307, 818.347.9806
- Surgery Center
- Pacific Surgery Center of Santa Monica, 2021 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 724E, Santa Monica, CA 90404, 310.829.9060
- Philip Weintraub, MD, 2601 W. Alameda, Suite 416, Burbank, CA 91505, 818.843.1700 www.urologymedicalgroup.com
- General Dentistry
- Pacita Franco, DDS, 324 N. Allen Ave., Pasadena, CA 91106, 626.795.6566 www.pdfrancodentistry.com
- Carol Follette, DDS, 2021 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 704-E, Santa Monica, CA 90404, 310.829.4322 www.carolefollettedds.com
- Ray Padilla, DDS, 14650 Aviation Blvd., Suite 150, Manhattan Beach, CA, 90250, 310.536.0710 www.raypadilla.com
- Patrick Sherrard, DDS, 2350 SW Multnomah Blvd., Suite B, Portland, OR 97219, 503.246.4712 www.drsherrard.com
- Nikole O'Bryan, DMD, 4741 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105, 206.524.9454
- Periodontics (Oral Surgery)
- Dr. Mao, DDS, PhD, 2111 N. Northgate Way, Suite 215, Seattle, WA 98133, 206.367.6767 www.mygumdr.com
- Voice Performance, Pulmonary (Breathing) Function & Posture
- Dr. Veera Asher, Pilates2Voice Studio, Santa Monica, CA, 310.584.7520 www.pilates2voice.com
- The Art Docs, Meharry Family Practice Clinic, 1005 Dr. D.B. Todd Jr. Blvd., 3rd Floor, Suite 300, Nashville, TN 37208, 615.327.6661 www.artdocsnashville.org
- Faith Family Medical Clinic, 326 21st Ave. N., Nashville, TN 37203, 615.341.0808 www.faithmedical.org
- Matthew Walker Comprehensive Health Center, 1035 14th Ave N., Nashville, TN 37208, 615.327.9400 www.mwchc.org
- Vanderbilt Voice Center, 1215 21st Ave., Medical Center East South Tower, 7th Floor, Nashville, TN 37232, 615.343.7464 www.vanderbiltbillwilkersoncenter.com
- Green Hills Chiropractic Clinic, 2303 Crestmoor Road, Nashville, TN 37215, 615.383.0244 www.greenhillschiropractic.com
- Walk-In Dental Clinics, Inc, Dr. Archie Bertrand, D.D.S., 4928 Edmondson Pike, Ste. 202, Nashville, TN 37211, 615.837.2004 www.walkindentalclinics.com
- Dr. Nina Foley, DMD, FAGD, 2176 Hillsboro Road, Suite 114, Franklin, TN 37069, 615.591.0294 www.drninafoley.com
- Clinic Services (General)
- Al Hirschfield Free Health Clinic (Actors Fund), 475 W.57th St., New York, N.Y. 10019, 212.489.1939 www.actorsfund.org
- Ear, Nose, And Throat
- Dr. Michael Pitman, MD, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, The Voice and Swallowing Institute, 310 E.14th St., New York, N.Y. 10003, 212.979.4119, www.nyee.edu
- Integrative Medicine
- Dr. Marc Brodsky, MD, Stamford Hospital Center for Integrative Medicine and Wellness, 30 Shelburne Road, Stamford, CT 06904, 203.276.1000, www.stamfordhospital.org
- Dr. David Soden, SUNY College of Optometry, 33 West 42nd St., New York, N.Y. 10036, 212.272.4477, www.universityeyecenter.org
- Physical Therapy
- Sean Gallagher, Performing Arts Physical Therapy, 311 West 43rd St., Suite 405 New York, NY 10036, 212.245.7278 www.performingartspt.com
- Sol Pesis, DMD, Pesis Dental Group, 29224 West 8 Mile Road, Farmington Hills, MI 48336, 248.478.1650, www.pesisdentalgroup.com
MusiCares would like to recognize the following partners for their generosity and support of the music community through their ongoing commitment to MusiCares.
Faith Family Medical Clinic provides primary medical care to working, uninsured individuals and their families through a variety of services, including family medicine, counseling and wellness programs. Services are offered on a sliding fee scale, based upon patient income. While located in Davidson County, Tenn., Faith Family does not have any geographic requirements and treats patients from all over Middle Tennessee.
The Osborne Head and Neck Institute (OHNI) provides diagnosis and treatment for problems of the ear, nose and throat, and other problems of the head and neck area. Specialties include tumors and cancers of the head and neck, skull base surgery, microsurgery of the ear, hearing loss, balance disorders, rehabilitation of the hearing-impaired, rhinology, sinus disease, facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, laryngology, and vocal and speech disorders. The institute specializes in minimally invasive parathyroid and thyroid tumor surgery, parotid reconstruction and facial restoration. They cover all aspects of ear, nose, and throat disorders and are firm believers in preventative care for the voice professional. For further information on the OHNI Vocal Assurance Program for professional vocalists contact MusiCares.
Doctors Stetson, Powell and Lee provide a wide assortment of innovative treatment options for sports-related injuries and orthopedic disorders. Their long history of excellence and innovation in orthopedic treatment has benefited patients from all backgrounds to include recreational as well as elite athletes. Located in Santa Monica, Calif., and Burbank, Calif., the doctors are active members of numerous professional organizations and share a common commitment to the quality of life for all of their patients.
Bringing understanding among people through hearing care by focusing on awareness, education, protection, and treatment, so the world may hear.